In the past few weeks I’ve been giving my website a facelift and updating many of the projects that were looking a little less presentable than the rest. One of the biggest changes was to the Alarm clock (Live page). Previously the clock had to be set in the source code (which was easy enough for me to do) and set using a time interval. I updated the code so that any user could set their own alarms and use a fixed time rather than an interval. At the same time I improved the general layout of the page and am now rather pleased with how it looks.
This project was written very quickly one evening to give myself an emergency alarm clock after my phone was stolen. As a result it is not very user friendly.
This project simply plays a YouTube video after a fixed period of time. The alarm plays a fixed number of times at regular intervals.
- Challenge: Ideally, the user should be able to change the settings for the alarm.
- Solution: I didn’t have time to add a user interface (as doing so would have caused me to lose sleep!) (To be revisited.)